Founded upon personal tragedy, it is our vision to provide support to families whose loved ones are affected by terminal cancer by turning the fear, grief and helplessness caused from this disease into awareness, compassion, and support. It is the mission of The Maria Gruber Foundation to create educational tools designed to help parents, children, and loved ones affected with terminal cancer by:
- Raising awareness through education by creating educational tools
- What to do/say and what not to do/say
- Removing some of the helplessness that comes with the dreaded diagnosis of being diagnosed with a terminal disease
- Providing support to parents on how to communicate with loved ones during this difficult time
- Help prepare for the inevitable
- Creating a support system with guidance counselors, grief counselors and volunteers designed to help loved ones
We intend to be there for you every step of the way by helping and guiding you through this tragedy.
Until now, nobody has ever thought of the loved ones left behind after everything has been tried and done. Who is left to support you through the hardest part of the disease – which is letting go and acceptance.
Cancer may have taken your loved one but it cannot take your love and devotion. Your loved one lives on through you and by you helping others that are going through this devastating process, you create a legacy for your loved one. We help those going through this tragedy by being their shoulder to cry on and by being their right hand in dealing with life and health insurance companies, hospitals, doctors, specialists, employers and funeral arrangements.